WELCOME TO ARTARA
We are a team of veteran rare disease specialists, passionate about bringing therapies to patients who have no current treatment options.
We work with academic and industry partners around the world to find and develop breakthrough therapies that will improve the well-being of people with rare, neglected, and serious diseases.
PATIENTS AT THE HEART OF WHAT WE DO
EXCELLENCE AND EFFICIENCY
BE A FORCE FOR GOOD
IV CHOLINE CHLORIDE
INTESTINAL FAILURE ASSOCIATED LIVER DISEASE (IFALD)
- Our lead program is IV Choline Chloride, a first-in-class treatment for the orphan disease Intestinal Failure Associated Liver Disease (IFALD)
- IFALD is a potentially fatal liver disease that afflicts people who survive on parenteral nutrition (PN). Through PN, patients with a missing or non-functioning gastrointestinal tract receive most or all the nutrition needed to support life.
- Up to 65% of all PN patients develop IFALD because of deficiencies and imbalances in PN ingredients, and the abnormal way those PN nutrients are used by the body.
- Many patients with IFALD eventually need a dual liver/small intestine transplant to survive, one of the costliest and risky surgical procedures performed.
- IV Choline Chloride reversed signs of IFALD in two promising efficacy studies.
February 04, 2019
ArTara Therapeutics Announces
Additions to Leadership Team and Board of Directors
January 14, 2018
ArTara Therapeutics Announces Positive Outcome of End-of-Phase 2 Meeting with FDA on Choline Chloride for Injection for (IFALD)